Ayy lmao it’s a weekly update! Big week for ERTC as we’ve had great showings at the Wednesday Night Cross races, the DV100, and Beans ‘n’ Barley / Pumphouse Cross. We spread ourselves wide, but never thin! (Ok that sounded a lot better in my head…) Anywho, a reminder to please bring lights on ALL mid-week rides. Sun sets really early now, so please be aware. Also a reminder that our clothing store is always open, so if you need warmer clothing, now is the time to buy!
1. September 13 – Midweek Cross Continues! https://www.facebook.com/events/1710776092561133/
2. September 16-17 Double Header Cross Weekends Continue, this week in Canmore. See ABA Website for Details.
3. September 16 - MEC Gran Fondo – very affordable fully supported event with 60/100/160km options - http://events.mec.ca/node/151571
4. September 24 – Lead Out Project Year End Celebration Ride – Lead Out Project, a successful Alberta cycling team that donates all race winnings to charity is hosting their year-end ride/celebration at Highwood Pass. Fully Supported, no cost. A great option if you want to tackle Highwood Pass this year. 2 speed options. https://www.facebook.com/events/318781165251046/
5. October 1 – Roger’s Harvest Ride – Traditionally the last road “event” of the season. This is an interclub ride with all the big clubs in Edmonton, in memorial of Roger, who lost his battle with cancer in 2001. $30 donation to the Alberta Cancer Foundation required to ride. https://velocitycyclingclub.ca/events/rogers-harvest-ride/
1. Cross Skills Continues this week at Royal Gardens!
2. Saturday’s ride is canceled in lieu of the MEC Gran Fondo – we have a lot of riders headed to this and it is very affordable.
3. As usual, look for updates on Facebook for ride cancellations or changes!