Well here we are - the first official weekly Women of ERTC update. Little later in the season than usual (darn vacation got in the way), but here's some info for this week. Weather looks AMAZING! Shout-out to the women who attended today's ride - most chose to do the long route and added over 100km to their legs today. Well done!!
- WoE 1st Official Weekly Ride - Tuesday May 9th: We'll start the season with a nice city loop, rolling out of the main Hawrelak parking lot at 6:10pm. Loop is around 40km and can be previewed here. As long as you're a gal and are either an ERTC member, or have signed the trial waiver, you're welcome to attend! Pace will be social and targeted at ensuring everyone has a good time and is able to work on group riding skills
- Those racing Velocity Stage Race - I'd recommend attending the regular club ride to re-con the Crit course. We'll catch you ladies at next week's WoE ride.
- Interested in Racing? If you're interested in racing this year - formally or informally, make sure to let me know as there are separate communications for those racing and I wouldn't want you to miss out!
- Regular club rides: Want to try a regular ERTC ride but not sure if you can keep up, don't know the route, or are otherwise a little nervous to try? Email me and we'll pair you up with another woman who knows the routes and can help introduce you to the ride and stick with you to make sure you're comfortable.
- Beginner Track Nights: Want to give track a try? Amanda Scott was 'bitten' by the track bug last season and is looking to continue to attend some Monday evening beginner track sessions at the Velodrome. She's happy to be a familiar face and assistance if you'd like to join her - she'll be there May 8, 15, and 29th. The sessions are from 5:00pm-6:30pm although you need to get there a bit early to get set up with a bike. And the sessions are taught by a coach so you'll learn everything you need to know in a safe environment. Bring $5 with you and email Amanda for more information if you're interested.
I'm looking forward to another great season of riding with some pretty awesome women. Our group is growing and momentum in women's cycling is gaining - so tell your friends about our club, we're always looking for new amazing ladies (and guys) to ride with!