Exciting things are in store for the Women of ERTC……for non-racers and racers alike.
Recreational group: We’re increasing promotional efforts, continuing with our weekly WoE rides and larger general women ride events with the same focus as last year, and providing access to the Learn to Race program for those who’d like to learn more about fitness improvement/what racing entails but don’t want to race. Tell your friends – we’re always looking for more women looking to ride in an encouraging environment.
Learn to Race group: Brand new this year – we’re developing an awesome program that will provide you with all the tools you’ll need to feel confident and comfortable stepping into the realm of racing. We’re all going to tackle the fear and intimidation of racing, together!
There is a lot of new information on our website including some great FAQ's, but here’s what I’d like to highlight for ANYONE looking to ride and/or race with an awesomely supportive group of women. NOTE: The Learn to Race info sessions are valuable even for those who are only a teenie bit interested in racing. Mark these dates on your calendar!
General Info Session at the Bike Show (mainstage)
- Sunday February 26th, 12:45 – 1:15pm
- $10 off new ERTC memberships and $10 Revo Rubals for Revolution Cycle for all who attend
- Info on both WoE groups, meet our trained Coach, and Q&A session (ERTC general club info session directly afterwards)
- Open to everyone – men included who’d like to info gather for the women in their lives
- Cost: $5 pre-registration entry to the Bike Show (or $10 at the door)
Learn to Race Info Sessions:
- Saturday’s: March 11, 25, and April 8th from 2 – 4pm
- Held at Revolution Cycle
- Sessions: 1. How Do I Get Started, 2. Racing, The Basics, and 3. Race Day Expectations/Velocity Stage Race Info
- Attend all 3 and be entered to win full race registration at the Velocity Stage Race
- Open to ALL women interested in racing and/or fitness improvement
- No commitment to actually race required
- No specific club membership required
- Cost: FREE
The cycling season may still seem miles away, but with any luck it’ll be here sooner rather than later. Let’s get prepared so we’re able to ‘hit’ the pavement pedaling and ready to have an amazing season, no matter what your goals and fitness/skill levels are!